For a limited time, Thyrm is offering a SwitchBack® Large 2.0 in Olive Drab that features the Sage Dynamics logo. Watch the video below to hear how Sage Dynamics’ Aaron Cowan integrates the SwitchBack into his methodologies.
SwitchBack Large 2.0 Sage Olive Drab Limited Edition
During the design of the Switchback 2.0, Sage Dynamics provided significant input that led to the final version. This limited edition recognizes those contributions by featuring a Sage Dynamics logo and the first Olive Drab colorway for the SwitchBack product line.
The SwitchBack 2.0 mounts between the tailcap and body of your flashlight, making it secure regardless of impact, moisture, and heat/cold changes. SwitchBacks can be used with handguns or long guns. This allows the user to:
• Reliably deploy and index a flashlight from both pockets and pouches, using the SwitchBack’s rigid, but releasable, retention ring.
• Shoot using a natural two-handed grip (the SwitchBack Technique).
• Employ all traditional low-light techniques such as Neck Index, Modified FBI, and Harries.
• Positively retain the light when drawing a firearm, reloading, and addressing a malfunction.
The SwitchBack 2.0 provides fast deployment and enhanced retention during many activities such as climbing, backpacking, car and home maintenance, and self-defense.
The SwitchBack 2.0 improves upon Thyrm’s original SwitchBack Large model with:
• A finger ring that releases under heavy force/torque, but can be reset.
• A stronger pocket clip that also works with MOLLE/PALS webbing.
• A pocket clip position that allows for slightly deeper carry than the SwitchBack® Large (original).
• A tubular portion that is cut lower to allow grip on both sides of the tail-cap during installation.
• A wider thumb rest with traction features.
• Small crush ribs on the SwitchBack 2.0’s lip that create a custom fit across a broader range of lights.
• An aluminum spacer that expands compatibility to Streamlight HL and HL-X flashlights and other manufacturers with similar designs.
Designed and manufactured in the USA.
Curious about compatibility with your other 1-inch diameter lights? Contact us if you have questions about your model.
Tailcaps larger than 1.004 inches (2.55016 cm) in diameter are not compatible with the SwitchBack Large.
For installation, first try installing the SwitchBack on your light without use of the o-ring or aluminum washer. Simply unscrew the tailcap, add the SwitchBack, and rescrew the tailcap back on. If the light does not activate upon use of the tailcap switch with the SwitchBack installed, try installing the aluminum washer as shown in the diagram. Streamlight models tend to require the aluminum washer, but may not, depending on the tailcap features of the light. Elzetta and Surefire models do not usually require the aluminum washer, but users may find that addition of the rubber o-ring will help to stabilize the position of the SwitchBack.
|Dimensions||6 × 3.5 × 1.5 in|